[plug] Ewing & Tux

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 24 07:32:14 WST 2003

> > ps. I just realised, does having Tux tattooed on my arm make me a Linus
> > groupie?? agh, I feel so dirty. Actually, it probably makes me a Larry
Ewing

> I hope that tat comes off easily. Ewing is still refusing to handover

Yeh, just a bit of surgery and a short hospital stay, no problem at all. :D

> copyright to Tux, and Linus has been flaming him on the mailing lists, and
> threatening to get a new logo. Currently, Tux is free to use, but Larry
> could change the licensing conditions at any time, hence the controversy.

And become the most hated man on the planet? OK, 2nd most hated (hello Mr
Gates)

>   I can now tell you that Linus, after negotiations with AOL Time Warner,
> has selected the new mascot, and *may* be officially announcing it at this
> conference.

lol :D  Most MS guys already think we're pretty Daffy :D

Does this mean that Ewing can sue me for copyright infringement, and maybe
even take posession of my arm?

Believe it or not, I actually considered tattooing the source for decss when
all the controversy was on - I guess I dodged that bullet :D