RE Misinformation and General Commonsense. Was [plug] Linus Torvalds' role at conference

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 24 07:40:02 WST 2003

> While you had him, you should have asked him to pronounce Linux in English,
> 'cause I still prefer lie-nux to linnix (same sound both "i"s).
>
> RichardM

If you ever installed an older version of redhat and setup a sound card, youd
know how everything's pronounced :D

I always called it 'linnix' , but have taken recently to call it Lee-nooks - I
guess Id call Linus 'Lee-noos' if I ever met him, but thats now a confusing
situation because I believe he has altered the pronounciation to the more
common 'Lie-nus' because he got sick of correcting people.

Someone go call Linus 'Lee-noos' and see if he corrects you :D