[plug] massive CPU activity on CD writing, cdda rips, etc

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 27 02:38:43 WST 2003

Hmmm, "reliable" and "24x burn" in the same e-mail?
For reliability my 40x Sony has never hit anything over 12x, as not all
older cdroms read the burn and most cd players & stereos have problems
somewhere along the track. Especially hurts during DJing >:(

CD media quality affects burn reliability as well. Find a good CD-R and
use the eroaster log to see who makes the media. See if the brand hasn't
changed since then. Teac, TDK, Pioneer have all have their turn at
"testing the lesser costing competitors product", and I don't buy them
anymore because of it.
(yay Mitsubishi!)

Lastly, hows your drive set up on the IDE chains?

Regards,

Craig Foster
fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)

<snip>