[plug] massive CPU activity on CD writing, cdda rips, etc

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Mon Jan 27 11:00:55 WST 2003

I've been using the TDK Gold 80min multi-speed CD-Rs for about the last
12 months.  I've been through at least 200 of them and have only burnt 1
coaster that was a problem with the CD-R.

Quality of burning is also dependent on the CD burner you are using.
 Aren't Sony burners still just rebadged Liteons with Sony firmware on
them?  You might as well not pay for the Sony name on it and just get
the Liteon badged drive (which is cheaper - and its the same thing
anyway).  Sony do the same thing with their DVD-ROM drives also.

I personally prefer Ricoh CD burners at the moment, have a 20x in my own
computer and several other speeds at work.

/ Ben