[plug] rsync peer to peer style?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jan 28 10:34:32 WST 2003

On Saturday 18 January 2003 11:43, Jeff Williams wrote:

> As far as I know rsync doesn't have a windows port so any rsync work
> will have to be done on the other box. Could you mount the windows files
> using samba and run rsync locally on the linux box?

Not really, no. This is for situations where bandwidth is the issue (eg; over
modem/ADSL), hence using rsync. Mounting a FS then rsyncing locally would
defeat the purpose of minimal bandwidth. ^_^

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |