[plug] Debian installation

Sol autonomon at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 28 13:44:45 WST 2003

Mmm. It's hard to for me to say for sure without a bit more info.
[ NB: I'll put shell commands in square brackets like this ]
So first things first: do you have x-window-system and x-window-system-core
installed? [ dpkg -l x-window* ] (if you get "ii x-window-system 4.1.0-16"
you've got it. If you need to get it [ apt-get install x-window-system ]).
Have you run either XF86Setup or xf86config, or did you run xf86 configuration
during installation?
Have you got a file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ? If you don't then you will need to
[ XF86Setup ] or [ xf86config ]. Make sure you know all your video card,
monitor, etc hardware to enter during configuration.

See how far you get with that first.

good luck,
sol