[plug] conversion from html to OO.o document format

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 28 16:59:23 WST 2003

Hello,

I'd appreciate knowing of any widgets to perform conversion of html
documents to (Word) OO.o DOC format.  OO.o can do the job on files one at a
time; simply load the input file and save as whatever output format is
desired.   However where a large batch of input files are to be treated, a
tool to do this in "batch mode" would be nice.  OO.o can accept a command
line argument which is the input file name but I haven't found any way of
specifying an output file name, let alone a format.   If that was possible
then a script could be set up...

A google shows quite a lot of tools for doc-to-whatever formats, including
html.  But so far I haven't seen the html-to-doc case from the open source
fraternity so a quick check here before more surfing seems advisable.

Cheers,
Denis