[plug] mod_rewrite: Out of chickens!

Martin marty at supine.com
Tue Jan 28 18:41:45 WST 2003

$author = "Trevor Phillips" ;

> Basically, across a website, I want to remap internally certain URIs.
> I also have a cgi-bin dir which I like to clamp down on security.

ok, i'm with you so far.

> <Directory /document/root>
>   RewriteEngine on
>   RewriteBase /
>   RewriteRule ^askedfor/path new/path [L]
> </Directory>

ok, that does some rewriting. does it work?

> Now, this in itself works as I want. However, my /cgi-bin/ dir has crapped
> itself:
>    Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that
> RewriteRule directive is forbidden

you lost me there. what does the <Directory> statements look like for both
the root and the cgi-bin?

> Am I missing something? Is there a nice-ish solution that works, without
> having to enable SymLinks for cgi-bin?

can you supply both parts of the conf file for me? off list preferably

marty

--
"To err is human, to forgive is not my policy. --root"

- sig file on slashdot