[plug] sony vaio

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Jan 30 16:17:51 WST 2003

--Craig said:
> Interesting. I just bought a DDS-4 DAT tape drive from them. I ordered
> on Wednesday afternoon and it was in my office by 12:00thursday morning,
> despite them telling me it'd be at least 1 business day. They must have
> a local distributor or something.

I got my laptop from another local supplier because Sony told me it would be 3 weeks
until my laptop would be released (it was *brand* new at the time).  Sony Central said
the same thing and confirming it with HO for me.

When I told both the Central and Online sales reps I'd seen the said laptop at another
local supplier, they said it was impossible, it hasn't been released yet and I must be
mistaking it for the previous model.

Interesting laptop supply/denial chain they have there - it's like they don't want to
sell them.

Ryan