[plug] default route problems

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Jan 30 21:30:26 WST 2003

On Thursday 30 January 2003 03:50 pm, Tim Bowden wrote:
> This should be a simple problem but I can't seem to find a solution.  On
> my rh8 box I have 2 nic's. eth1 has a static ip on subnet .1.0 while
> eth0 is set to use dhcp from the attached dlink 300+ cable modem.  It
> gets set to .0.2. Ok so far. Problem: the default route is being set to
> 192.168.0.254.  Where might this be set from?  I can't find it anywhere
> in /etc/sysconfig/*.  I have tried redhat-config-network but this only
> seems to allow ppp* devices to set a default route.  Any suggestions?

if not /etc/sysconfig/network then check

And don't use DHCP with the dLink if you can help it, it has a lease time of
about ten seconds. Not only is this wasteful of CPU time and bandwidth, but
it makes it damn hard to tell by looking at the lights whether there is any
real traffic on the line.

Cheers; Leon