[plug] What are people doing up at this time? [OT]

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jan 31 01:50:12 WST 2003

> List noise raises for me a question about connection cost..
> Are we not, with this new "broadband" buy a product at $size $cost
> and then pay more for what you gobble extra..
> moving back to the byte charged days of years ago ?

Yeah. Fight it when you can by making the appropriate choices of plans.

> Does list noise really cause issues for folks ?

Nah. Its all free for me anyway of course :-) since I have an ssh tunnel
from home to work's IMAP server, and that way any bandwidth costs are
applied at work (the tunnel is over WAIX).

Even so, list traffic is tiny compared to a couple of website page
loads. Its trivial really. So long as nobody ever posts a "handwritten
email," win tablet style, or attaches an MPEG.

Craig