[plug] What are people doing up at this time? [OT]

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Fri Jan 31 09:30:07 WST 2003

3Gb?  Please tell me you aren't seriously considering choosing BigPond
for a broadband service.... *cringes at the thought*.  They are pretty
much the only ISP offering broadband that includes your uploads in your
data allocation.  Most other ISPs just have a download limit on their
accounts and uploads don't count towards it.

I used to use up about 1-1.3Gb of data a month with browsing, email and
online gaming on 56K dialup.  Now a fair amount of my heavy usage
traffic is free off of WAIX and I'd actually have to actively try hard
to use up my download limit to get excess charges (512K ADSL - 6Gb peak
/ 8Gb off peak on WestNet).

/ Ben