[plug] Unstable for Debian

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Jan 31 11:34:28 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 09:20, Tim White wrote:
> How can i get unstable packages for debian? That is if they aren't in
> the stable realeas. I wish to update KDE and Kmerlin, the latter is more
> important, but some packages i can't get as there is no install
> candidate or something.

Add an unstable source to your /etc/apt/source.list AFTER the stable
source line - then apt-get update.   Source lines are treated in order
from top to bottom so stable will still be the default

Then you can specify the release after a slash such as:

apt-get install kmerlin/unstable

-or-

Download the .deb files you want from the debian website (it is easier
than hunting through a mirror's spool directory) and install them with
dpkg -i

Ryan