[plug] PoPToP PPTP server for Linux ->Windows VPN

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jul 1 02:01:57 WST 2003

> Just install the debian pptpd package and configure.
>
> You can't use encryption though unless you apply some kernel patches and
> possibly some patches to ppp.

Hmm.... unencrypted VPNs are not my idea of fun (especially given that
there will be unencrypted protocols travelling over said VPN). I'll have
to look into how hard it is to get going in encrypted mode, though from
what I've read since posting initially it may be an idea to steer well
clear of pptp for security reasons anyway.

Craig