[plug] 2.4.20 on Sarge iso

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jul 1 11:38:49 WST 2003

Quoting Matt Kemner <zombie at penguincare.com.au>:

> On 30 Jun 2003, quoth Chris Caston:
>
> > Well if the sarge installer becomes the main one I'm choosing another
> > distro.
> >
> > What a complete piece of %##$(*
>
> Have you seen http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ ?
>
>     Booting/installing is currently not possible with
>     "testing"/"unstable" CDs - only use for upgrades from stable.
>
> I'm sure they'd appreciate constructive criticism/bug reports more than
> complaints on a list they don't even read...
>
>  - Matt

Fine, but have you seen what a complete pain the installer is? (even if it did
work). It looks like they have taken a serious step backwards. It's almost a
cliche that the Debian installer (boot floppies) is not user friendly but once
you get used to it you love it. Certainly when I was installing Bonzai Linux I
was enjoy that boot floppies lovin!

If the current Sarge installer on the ISO I downloaded is a sign of things to
come then I will not be using it. They should be a choice between the current
installer and the adapted/updated progeny one for less savvy users.

Regards,

Chris