[plug] 2.4.20 on Sarge iso

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Jul 1 12:25:02 WST 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, quoth caston at arach.net.au:

> >     Booting/installing is currently not possible with
> >     "testing"/"unstable" CDs - only use for upgrades from stable.

> Fine, but have you seen what a complete pain the installer is?

  Yes I have tried to use it (once, just to see what would happen)

  I also realised it is a work in progress, so did not make any
assumptions that the installer that happens to come up after doing what I
was advised wasn't even going to work (ie booting from it) was any sign of
things to come.

  I know the new installer is being worked on, and from all accounts it is
going to be a step in the right direction - but what you currently find on
the Sarge CDs isn't it (or at least, not all of it) - so jumping to any
conclusions from that is just silly.

  In the meantime I do as is suggested on the Debian website - boot from a
woody CD and use that to install Sarge.  It's also why LinuxIT offers to
bundle a woody CD if you buy the Sarge pack.

 - Matt