[plug] Satellite recommendations?

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 4 07:53:34 WST 2003

Hi All

I look after the Nannup Telecentre on a volunteer basis (no pay :),
and we have a small grant to upgrade to ADSL. But, we can't get it,
so they will let us use the money for a satellite connection if we
can get it within our budget.

Can anyone give me a hand with real world experiences, especially
traps with equipment to connect to a Linux server (running Mandrake
9.x). Westnet already provides our 56k modem link which we can use as
the sat uplink. I already have rough prices, so recommendations on
what to use (or avoid) would be appreciated.

Ta

Steve

--
'What is worth doing and what is worth having?'
I would like to say simply this.