Parnet and WAIX Private IPs (Was: SPAM and archives (Was: Re: [plug] PHP question..))

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Jul 3 18:44:39 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:

>Only addresses that AARNet are willing to route (hence no
>mirror.3fl.net). Of course it does include almost all of the public
>Internet. But it doesn't include WAIX private IPs -> I am told that
>AARNet blames Optus for that.

But that begs the question:  Why did the Universities (via Parnet) used
to be able to access WAIX private IPs?

What changed?

If AARNet blames Optus, then why doesn't AARNet complain to Optus and
get them to rectify the problem?  I mean AARNet must throw more than a
couple of dollars at Optus every year.

/ Ben