[plug] Mandrake 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade

Dave Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Thu Jul 3 19:09:34 WST 2003

just a follow-up - thanks, Leon, the upgrade from the cd set worked like a charm but I had a bit of a problem with your urpmi procedure.
Richard Meyer's tip re http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php was the solution. As he said, couldn't be easier! - and helped me to understand what Leon meant!
Thanks guys for the help.

I know it's said that gratitude is a lively sense of favours to come! - so here goes again! I've a new Intel mobo with sound support on the board - no sound card. Intel 845GE chipset with Analog Devices AD1981B audio codec (the board specs say)
In any event there's no sound - alsa is installed and running and Xmms sems to think it's doing it's thing... The docs suggest drivers for sound cards but I can't find anything for the board based sound. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Or does this message on boot-up have any bearing on my problem?
'Device 00:1F.1 not available because of resource conflicts'
What does it mean - what device does it refer to?

good luck

Dave Dartnall