SPAM and archives (Was: Re: [plug] PHP question..)

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 09:56:02 WST 2003

(coming in late...)

> It's actually usually not difficult to make a
> website "subscribers only - except google". I see a
> fair number of things that allow google free access,
> but make normal users (not from their domain with
> their user-agent) use a registration mechanism.

True, but for our purposes what's to stop the spammers
harvesting it via the Google cache? (Aside from the
level of intelligence required, of course.)

Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett