SPAM and archives (Was: Re: [plug] PHP question..)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jul 3 12:21:49 WST 2003

> Several times I've been Googling for stuff and found the answer on
> PLUG's archives, not knowing it's there despite having been subscribed
> since Day One.
>
> I don't think we should be removing that resource from the Web.

It's actually usually not difficult to make a website "subscribers only
- except google". I see a fair number of things that allow google free
access, but make normal users (not from their domain with their
user-agent) use a registration mechanism.

That said, email obfusation is definitely the way to go so far.

Craig Ringer