[plug] Customising Knoppix for students

John Clayton mageaere at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 01:44:39 WST 2003

Greetings pluggers. I am doing some research on customising knoppix for use
in a primary school environment. What I would like is a version of knoppix
or something similar that when booted up will give the user read access only
no matter what they do while knoppix is running. I am wanting a fool proof
and kid proof solution. I have had thoughts of using the NSA's Security
Enhanced Linux within a knoppix distribution to make sure that root cannot
do anything of any permanent nature to the computer it is being used on. Do
any of you have any thoughts about this? I am hoping that the NSA at least
would be able to survive the depredations of little kids "Mercury Rising"
not withstanding :o)