[plug] Distro Day !!!

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 14:00:13 WST 2003

>I guess I'd propose ext3 as the file type (although I'm a reiser user
>myself)
>as it seems to be the current epitomy of "bog standard."
>I guess all 3 distros have the chioce of both in install?

Sure, why not? :)

>Everyone please comment on this, as well as KDE/Gnome preference,
>suggestions for services running for the test and partitioning.

Okay, but you're going into flame territory.... Most people that I've asked
about their first try of Linux hated it, because they were using GNOME, but
when the tried KDE, they didn't mind the GUI at all. KDE tends to be more
about usability and sleeker controls, whereas GNOME is more geared towards
serious functionality and customisablity. Personally I much prefer KDE, I
try to use GNOME again every few months but find the environment too bland
and the interface too clumsy in comparison to KDE's refined controls. Apart
from that, why not break the mould? Blackbox, WindowMaker, or perhaps IceWM
for the '95ers? ;)

This is serious flame territory, so get ready for the email hit.

fruit/vegetable with alleged anarchic tendencies