[plug] already existing file

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sun Jul 6 12:44:18 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 11:56, Jon Miller wrote:
> I'm trying to install a application whose dependency on a file already
> exists.  The problem is the application will not install.  Should I
> either state to force the installation (at which point I do not think
> the application will work) or make sure the path includes the location
> of the dependent file?

I don't quite understand the wording of the question.  I interpret it as
'you are trying to install an application with unmet dependencies',
thus:

Would the term 'dependence', and your presumption that the application
will not work if forcefully installed not suggest you need to follow
your own advice and ensure the dependant file is in an accessible path
first?

I don't know what the application is, so perhaps just suck it and see.

Am I in the ball park, or at least on the bus to it?

Ryan