[plug] Customising Knoppix for students

John Clayton mageaere at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:07:53 WST 2003

The situation is this: A MS Windows XP workstation that I want to run
knoppix on. Booting XP requires a password to get access to the hatd disk so
that students can edit files. Students are restricted to their own
userspace. With knoppix there is read/write harddisk access that walks
straight past the passwords. I want a knoppix that will not give write
access to the harddisk no matter what.