[plug] Playng DVD on Mandrake 9.1

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Jul 8 09:47:58 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:33, Richard Bowles wrote:
> Hi
> I was wondering if anyone out there has played dvd's on Mandrake as i
> have no
> success with either Xine or Mplayer. My system has 2xHDD and a burner as
> well
> as a DVD. I don't know whether there is a conflict some where or not. i
> have
> looked into the /etc/fstab file but being relatively new to Linux it
> don't mean
> much to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, so then i can get my
> 5yr
> old off my back so he can use it. ( I hate holidays)
> Below is my fstab file in case there is anything wrong there.
> Thanks in advance.
> Richard Bowles

My Debian install and Mplayer [binaries - sorry John ;)] require me to
have a symlink to my DVD drive, which in this case is also a CD-RW drive
and thus under scsi emulation:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 ryan     disk            4 Apr  7 12:38 /dev/dvd -> scd0

swap scd0 for hdc (by the looks of your fstab?) and there's a start.

As for the applications themselves, I'm not really the person to be
passing on advice about them. :)

Ryan