[plug] re: Hacker challenge ends in feuding

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 9 09:17:13 WST 2003

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 04:09:41PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> Looks like Commodore 64 (Or maybe Apple ][ ?) to me, but I've no idea
> what it actually means.  So I second the call for an explanation :-)

Sorry guys :)

SYS64738 resets a commodore 64. I typed it so much in my youth that it still
feels completely natural to type it :)

POKE53280,0 will make the border go black on a c64.

I still keep my hand in on the C64 on occasion - there's still an active
demo/game scene on the machine, and its good fun to program. I guess I assumed
that SYS64738 would be burnt into many brains on list ;)