[plug] Re: conflict in installing rpm package was re: rpm-bb command

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 9 10:38:26 WST 2003

At 10:46 9/07/2003 +0800, Jon wrote:
>Goes to show what happens if you listen to IBM.  During the initial
>install they suggested I stay with the driver on the supplied CD.

Well, partial nod of agreement.   I guess the point is that Broadcom et al
found a raft of problems with the chipset / firmware / driver and made
improvements in response.   I was going to say that perhaps IBM's doc has
not kept pace with the later developments.   But then I looked at the doc I
downloaded and printed, prior to beginning my x205 setup.   IBM mention
grabbing the latest drivers, even insist on the user getting the latest
flash BIOS and installing it so they seem pretty keen on the latest and
greatest stuff.   The doc you have came from the CD perhaps, and may thus
be stale?   FWIW my x205 document carries the IBM number MIGR-44443.

Interesting - or coincidence? - that with an ssh session to keep it feeling
loved, the server remains up.   The session is on which NIC - the Broadcom
by any chance?

Cheers,
Denis