[plug] Where is it - AT

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jul 9 11:47:34 WST 2003

> My Mandrake 9.1 crashed and I seem to have lost the AT command as there does
> not seem to be a cron package were I hoped it was under I want it back :(

Hopefully I'm not telling you anything you already know, but please
remember that commands are case sensitive - "AT" and "at" are two
different commands. Only "at" generally exists. Try running 'which at'
and see what it says.

It must've crashed pretty hard to lose files like that. According to:
	rpm -qf `which at`
the at command is in the 'at' package, at least on my Red Hat machine,
and lives in /usr/bin/at. I'd be inclined to suggest that you verify the
package if you suspect a problem by using "rpm -V at'. The output isn't
overly intuitive, so perhaps post it to the list, but it is explained in
'man rpm'.

I haven't seen file system corruption (lost files etc) on a machine
running with a journalling filesystem like reiserfs or ext3 unless there
are hardware issues like bad cache or a dodgy hard disk. In this case,
before suspecting filesystem problems I'd suggest making sure the
package wasn't somehow accidentally uninstalled (do an 'rpm -q at' and
see what it says, it'll tell you if it can't find the package or tell
you the version if it's installed).

Craig Ringer