[plug] Hacker challenge ends in feuding

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 9 19:02:29 WST 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 06:50:47PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:25, Richard Meyer wrote:
> >> * VAX - dunno which one, big box in a room
>
> I'va also programmed a MicroVax, DEC Professional and Rainbow (blend of
> Z80 and 8088), Victor 9000 (beaut keyboard), NEC APC (I through IV) and
> some whacky hp colour terminal thingies with the interpretive BASIC to
> end all BASICs.
>
> Also PDP-11s from '03 to '73, and a DECsystem-10 running STOP-10 (show
> your age, tell me which letter is out of sequence). Hmmm... what else?
> Data Genital (a Naked Mini and one of their real minis running AOS).
> Wang 2200B. IBM System/34 (ya gotta like commas).

Forgot about the Alpha-Micro? :-)

> Also, Apple ///, Apple //c and a StarCard in an Apple //e. Assorted
> random Z80s.

I can "beat" that, I think.
How about a Microangelo S100 graphics card (Z-80 based).
Running Z80 routines (manually assembled!) underneath a supervisor
call within AMOS; issued by calls from AlphaBasic.

The ultimate peripheral was the flat-bed flame-cutter; used to cut
steel about 30cm thick for the Woodside plough, amongst other toys.

I wrote a macro-language for the programming of said NC device.
Never quite got the "grab object on screen and interactively
position on plate with light-pen" bit finished. I graduated instead.