[plug] good mail server?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jul 9 22:39:48 WST 2003

> I rather like sendmail, some people find it hard to pickup but its
> definately worth it. It might help having webmin installed to help you
> do some of the common tasks quickly, then you can have a play with its
> more advanced features.

What about security? Sendmail has had a long chain of problems (yes,
it's widely used, but still....) and I'm concerned about that. On the
other hand, there's milter and using that MIME-Defang, which I /WANT/.
So sendmail is a good option at least until things like MIME-Defang are
available for other MTAs.

That said, I'm more interested in the POP3/IMAP (especially IMAP) server
side of things. A good IMAP server will be critical here, and so I'd
love to hear about people's experiences with the various ones out there
  and their performance (not speed, general quality and utility) in real
life.

Craig Ringer