[plug] Eventually Mallocs All Computer Storage

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jul 10 10:58:39 WST 2003

Plug,

My Konqueror has started playing up.  When used as a web browser it
loads pages from the network properly, then when it tries to render it
sits with the spinning KDE gear not spinning, sucking all my memory and
swap space (~1.5GB) and is eventually killed by the kernel with a line
like the following appearing in syslog:

Jul 10 10:45:34 erdos kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 1456 (kdeinit).

It started doing this yesterday afternoon; as far as I know I haven't
touched anything - certainly I've been running this same version of
Konqueror (Debian sid 3.1.2-1) for quite some time and I haven't done
anything quirky with my ~/.kde/ lately.  I've tried logging out and back
in again, to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?  (Besides using Mozilla as a web
browser in future...)

Cheers,

Cameron.