boot times and software suspend (Was: Re: [plug] Distro Day !!!)

Tsuki-yomi tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 10 13:47:35 WST 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:59:01AM +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 11:52, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> > > Oh, there's a few things that won't work with swsusp at the moment -
> > > SCSI drives, SMP, and the occasional nvidia chipset/driver. (But
> > > seriously, who's laptops have SCSI
> >
> > A few Apples I know :-)
>
> Okay, so I forgot to mention that it doesn't support apples,
> bananas, carrots or anything that's not x86 based (yet) :)

I recently installed Mandrake 9.1 PPC onto a iBook clamshell (the
original iBooks) and was pleasently surprised to find that sleep works
perfectly (it uses pmud)

Needless to say I try to avoid rebooting the machine were possible as it
can take quite some time, but given that it can come out of sleep in under
5 seconds, I don't feel the need to shutdown/reboot very often :)

--
James Budworth
tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org