[plug] kernel panics during install

Sol Hanna sol at autonomon.net
Thu Jul 17 04:41:47 WST 2003

> Does memtest86 find problems?
Aha! memtest86 gets problems. Some results include:
pass		0%
test		8%  <it always gets stuck at 8%>

A sample line of output:
tst |	pass |	failing address |	good 	| bad		|
1	0		00001009edbc	00000000	  00ff0000

Test 1 yielded 162 errors before I stopped it. So I assume that I've been sold
a new server with shonky memory. Perhaps it's time to get some replacement
memory.

I hope that's all the problems... :-/

cheers; sol