[plug] Debian character encoding problems

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jul 18 13:37:30 WST 2003

> I've tried setting up a different locale with UTF-8 encoding, but that
> didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions with what I should
> try?

Have you made sure you also have unicode fonts and that your locales are
configured to /support/ a .utf8 locale? 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' is
what I seem to remember needing to enable en_GB.utf8 (there being no
en_AU.utf8 locale available) so that I could 'export LC_ALL=en_GB.utf8'
and have it work.

Craig Ringer