[plug] Leaving list

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Sun Jul 20 17:42:51 WST 2003

Regrettably I have to leave the PLUG list as I am unable to receive
emails at any reasonable rate at my present location near Dandaragan.
 Although I can usually connect at around 20 kbps, my median throughput
is about 300 bytes per second.  I have been connected 2 hours just to
receive about 300 emails of which more than half are PLUG.  HTTP is a
non-event.

I asked Westnet about setting up quality of service metrics but received
a blank stare - perhaps they share a little of the problem with Dick Alston.

Another time . .

Kevin.