[plug] failing adsl connection

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 17:49:07 WST 2003

> strange thing is, I don't remember setting this. I wonder if this is a
> SuSE 8.2 "feature". Or perhaps I've been misconfiguring files in my
> sleep... ;-)

I use a DSL-300 from a SuSE box and am somewhat puzzled by the 'ppp'
references. I'm not sure how you've got it configured, but mine doesn't use
ppp. Well, actually it does, but only internally. I makes itself visible to
the host machine as an ethernet device which I set as my gateway. I don't run
ppp - there's no need to.

Is this ppp thing a red herring, or do you have a different version of the
modem to me?

--
> eatapple
core dump