[plug] Realtek NIC and SuSE

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Jul 22 10:48:57 WST 2003

Richard Meyer wrote:

>2) When Linux starts up, it gives a brief description of the CPU it's
>running on and the clockspeed. It says Athlon 1800+ running at 1500 MHz.
>Any ideas how I can get my full 2400+ speed out of this machine? I've
>studied the motherboard manual, and there is one switch, but it only talks
>about FSB speed there.
>
>Any ideas gratefully accepted.
>
>Regards
>RichardM

Yep, thats what it'll be.  Its obviously set to the lower Front-Side Bus
(FSB) by default (i.e. 100Mhz), so you need to set it to the higher FSB
of 133Mhz in BIOS.

It'll have a locked multiplier of 15 on that CPU to achieve the 133Mhz
FSB x 15 = 2Ghz (which is what the 2400+ is), hence because the FSB is
only set to 100Mhz, its only running at 1.5Ghz (1800+ speed).

HTH :)

/ Ben