[plug] Realtek NIC and SuSE

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jul 22 12:15:19 WST 2003

Thanks to Ben, Craig, and Sol, I'll be making a few changes to the system
this evening.

Thanks again for the advice.

Regards
RichardM

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 22/07/2003 12:13 PM
-----

                      Sol
                      <sol at autonomon.ne        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      t>                       cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [plug] Realtek NIC and SuSE
                      22/07/2003 11:42
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

I can vouch for this. I've got a realtek running the internal interface
on my home gateway (SuSE 8.2). I've got quite a few realtek cards one
running 2.2.18 and the rest 2.4.x and am aware of this issue. the
8139too driver works just fine.
YaST lets you do this GUI-wise.
Network Devices -> Network Card -> Change (configured devices) -> Edit
(eth?) -> Hardward Details.
I've installed SuSE on at least two machines with these cards and on
both occasions the card was autodetected.

cheers; sol

--
Sol Hanna