[plug] Broadcom 10/100 support for ASUS A7V8X

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Jul 22 23:36:56 WST 2003

'Lo Plugers

I'm looking at the ASUS A7V8X m'board and wondering if anyone has good/bad
experiences with it. I understand a driver exists for the 2.4 kernel for
the Broadcom 10/100 network chip. Is anyone using the board ?

I'd rather know it's got promise _before_ buying one :-)

The application doesn't need fancy graphics; seeing a command line on
a screen is all that is required :-)

But network support is essential to replace a failing gateway box.
I'll be dropping in a couple of Netgear FA311's too methinks.

Any advice gratefully accepted :)
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/