[plug] SCO again

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 23 12:09:34 WST 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:51:21AM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:

> <quote>
> As reported by eWEEK today, SCO is now offering a solution to help
> those businesses that want to continue to run Linux. It will now
> offer SCO UnixWare licenses tailored to support run-time, binary
> use of Linux for all commercial users of Linux based on the 2.4
> kernel and later.

> Any business running commercial Linux that buys a UnixWare license
> would be held harmless against any past copyright violations, and
> for any future use of Linux in a run-only, binary format, McBride
> said. Beginning this week, the company will begin contacting
> companies regarding their use of Linux and to offer them a
> UnixWare license.
> </quote>

Fraud by a corporation is still fraud.

I'd deal with it in the first instance in the same way as the
Domain Names Australia "Invoices".

I'd have to be satisfied that what I was using actually required a
licence before paying a single cent. If they refuse to provide proof
within a reasonable time (30 days is reasonable), then their demands
would be forwarded to DOCEP in the first instance.