[plug] SCO again

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jul 23 17:00:46 WST 2003

> Fraud by a corporation is still fraud.

Fraud - well, I'm not convinced it qualifies there. SCO seems to believe
they have grounds for all this, anyway.

Extortion, on the other hand...

> I'd deal with it in the first instance in the same way as the
> Domain Names Australia "Invoices".

Forward to: ACCC, WA ScamNet (if email), and the appropriate Justice
office? That's what I do.

I have an OpenServer 5.0.5 box here, but I'm sure that if for any reason
they came after us they'd say "but that OS is not enterprise capable,
nobody in their right mind would voluntarily use it for anything!"
Whatever - I think the appropriate response at the moment would be "go
and die - you'll have to prove your claims in court before you see a
cent of our money."

Craig Ringer