[plug] SCO again

Mark marks at omninet.net.au
Thu Jul 24 08:27:21 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:51, Richard Meyer wrote:
>

>>It will now offer SCO UnixWare licenses tailored to support
>>run-time, binary use of Linux for all commercial users of
>>Linux based on the 2.4 kernel and later.
>>

>At roughly USD$700 a pop. Sure.
>
>Cheers; Leon

Interesting,  having onced worked for an outfit that switched from Xenix
to SCO Open Server Five and
regretted it as a backward step  ( who are they again  SCO or Caldera
what ever) they have amazing cheek.

I seem to remember our first lesson was on how to kill and restart the
print server.

At risk of being heretical I would like to test every ones memory.  When
SCO did pass to Caldera?
I seem to remember comment in the Linux community at the time that this
may help Linux with its SMP code .  The
very code that seems to be  now in question.
Does anyone else remember this?  Its not a clear memory just a nagging one.

Mark