[plug] Gateway for 10 IRC clients

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Thu Jul 24 08:34:15 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 07:27, Weirdo wrote:
> I am setting up a gateway for the about 10 clients. (See post "Custom
> Knoppix or Custom CD Distro (IRC)")
> I know that I need DHCP and some form of NAT routing as well as ppp, apache
> and probably ipchains/iptables?
> I need the gateway to give each computer an IP address by DHCP with a
> single computer with a specific MAC address a set ip. I also need the
> gateway to dialup to an ISP and automatically reconnect when the connection
> gets dropped. I need the gateway to do some sort of NAT routing for the 10
> or so client so that they can only access IRC and the local apache server.
> The computer with a fixed IP adddress needs access to every thing on the net.
> I need help with the NAT routing and ipchains/iptables. I think I can
> manage the DHCP and ppp ok.
> Also the server must have no ports open to the outside world etc...
> Thanks

IPcop www.ipcop.org

can be downloaded locally mirror.3fl.net small .iso 24mb?

Does it all plus more! Retired pc all that is required, power and ram
depends on situation, from what you have said any pentium mmx or above
128mb ram maybe more if can afford.

HTH
--
Rob Davies
rob at rjdarts.com

' To converse is one strategy that separates us, from the Apes.'