[plug] Gateway for 10 IRC clients

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 24 07:27:31 WST 2003

I am setting up a gateway for the about 10 clients. (See post "Custom
Knoppix or Custom CD Distro (IRC)")
I know that I need DHCP and some form of NAT routing as well as ppp, apache
and probably ipchains/iptables?
I need the gateway to give each computer an IP address by DHCP with a
single computer with a specific MAC address a set ip. I also need the
gateway to dialup to an ISP and automatically reconnect when the connection
gets dropped. I need the gateway to do some sort of NAT routing for the 10
or so client so that they can only access IRC and the local apache server.
The computer with a fixed IP adddress needs access to every thing on the net.
I need help with the NAT routing and ipchains/iptables. I think I can
manage the DHCP and ppp ok.
Also the server must have no ports open to the outside world etc...
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA