[plug] Setting up LDAP

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Jul 24 17:22:03 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 16:58, James Devenish wrote:

> You need to specify an objectclass that permits dc attributes (and if the
> objectclass also *requires* dc attributes then you need to add the objectclass
> and dc at the same time). The dcObject objectclass might suffice for the time
> being (though I've never looked into it):
>
> >From OpenLDAP's core.schema file:
>
>     # RFC2247
>     objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.344 NAME 'dcObject'
>         DESC 'RFC2247: domain component object'
>         SUP top AUXILIARY MUST dc )

Thanks, when i first saw that reply I hid in the corner and didn't come
out for a while :)  Then I started playing and got it to work with
something like:

dn: dc=fake,dc=com,dc=au
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Fake Org
dc: fake

Of course this was on the openldap quick setup guide which I overlooked
previously and all the other examples I found for it didn't do it like
that, hence the confusion.

Now to do something useful with all this ...

Ryan