[plug] Setting up LDAP

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 16:58:24 WST 2003

In message <1059036693.1009.83.camel at vaio>
on Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:51:33PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> -------------------------
> dn: dc=fake,dc=com,dc=au
> o: Fake Org
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: organization
[...]
>         additional info: naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry
[...]
> If I add that, it then says that 'dc' attributes are not allowed!

You need to specify an objectclass that permits dc attributes (and if the
objectclass also *requires* dc attributes then you need to add the objectclass
and dc at the same time). The dcObject objectclass might suffice for the time
being (though I've never looked into it):