[plug] printing html files from the command line (a2ps??)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Jul 25 13:41:23 WST 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:26:48PM +0800, David Buddrige wrote:

| Question 1: Is a2ps the right tool for the job; if so, does anyone know
| what the problem described above means, and how to resolve it.

It looks like a2ps is looking for Netscape and not finding it.  (P'raps
you could resolve it by installing Netscape, although there may be a
better alternative.)

| Question 2: If a2ps is not the right tool, can anyone suggest the command
| line tool that would be appropriate to print off html?

Htmldoc will do it, although I've only ever used the Windows version
before.  A quick look at the Linux version reveals a GUI program that
crashes on seemingly innocent actions and a command-line version which
seems to work.

A quick apt-cache search also revealed the existence of html2ps which
I've never used but sounds like it may what be you're looking for.

HTH,

Cameron.