[plug] Re: August issue of Australian Developer

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Fri Jul 25 15:10:00 WST 2003

:)
We have had this request a few times in the past few months..
The initial reason we did not do this from the start..

Was we wanted to be able to track what articles people read
and thus tailor the mag to the readers.. ie more of the
good things they like

We are still doing this..however it is a little more clear now
what folks want.

The cold hard fact reason is that at present the mag makes
no revenue.. all the outgoings go out of my pocket..

We need a way to raise funds .. generally online this is done
by advertising..

If we go the 1 click and download option.. we loose the
current hits we are receiving and thus the opportunity to
market based on vistors etc..

We may.opt to go the issue.pdf route, however it will probably
come with a cost to the reader ..

We did a poll on this a long time back.. results where mixed.

Things to consider..

thanks for the suggestion.. we/I value them all :)

Kim