[plug] mozilla - attach file from command line

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jul 25 16:11:22 WST 2003

Hi folks

Do you know if there's any way to create a new email on the command line
in mozilla, and pre-attach a file? It's easy enough to create a message,
just call

mozilla -remote 'xfeDoCommand (composeMessage)' || mozilla -compose

but I'm looking for an extra command or argument that can be used to say
"Attach this file to the newly-created message".

That way, from ROX-Filer (or any other file manager with a Send-To
function) you can say "send to: email" and have a handy pre-attached
file. mutt can do it fine (the '-a' flag) but we're using moz as our
standard mail client here, and it'd be ideal to find a way to do it with
mozilla.

Craig Ringer